Saturday, December 21, 2013

Blake Bikes Baja

Dana Point, California to San Quinton, Mexico... 264 miles

I haven't had much contact with Blake since he's left, but he's been good about trying once a day to keep me posted. He has pictures but has not been able to send them, hopefully soon! 

On Wednesday Blake rode to Ensenada and found an RV park to camp at. He was able to call that night. It was 6pm and he was getting to sleep... He said it was a rougher day then he planned because there were some hills. "But it's fun going up then going down, going up then going down," he said. 

I hate riding up hill. Blake has always seen further and said "if you go up then you must go down, and that's my favorite." I feel like that's how Blake views life. He is really good at looking beyond the difficult moment, or the season we are in and knowing that there's a future, a change coming. Life is so much about riding up those difficult hills and then rejoicing when you can soar down them. I would like to work on thinking more like Blake during those up hills; that working hard for your reward IS the reward and pushing through, past what you THOUGHT your limit was, will only make you stronger. And then you can be grateful for those few seconds of downhill when the wind is in your hair and you are flying, knowing you worked hard for it! 

On Thursday it was raining so Blake stopped early in St. Thomas for a hotel. He called from a gas station because there was no service or wifi. He said he was good and that he was eating well (happened upon a juice bar) and to make sure to tell his parents where he was. 

Yesterday I only got one text from him saying he was in San Quinton and he missed me (❤️.) 

My girlfriends ask if I'm worried and scared... Of course I am. But I have FAITH in the unknown and the unseen. I have faith that Blake is going through every experience that's intended for him. Talking to my bestie who's husband is going to go through 3 months of hard military training in a different state at the same time she is going to have their first son... Well I'm SUPER THANKFUL for my situation and I'm so BLESSED to be surrounded by other women who are strong in their independence and in their relationships! 

No pictures yet but I'm sure when they come in they will be great! Did anyone follow Blake while he rode from Monument, Colorado to Santa Fe, New Mexico in the summer of 2011? 

                                    Dream Big, Ride Far

             




No comments:

Post a Comment