Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Road Trip!!!

Telluride to Monument, CO... 347 miles ((driving.))

Yesterday was a good day. Blake and I stopped off in Ourey, CO. This is where the memories of Blake's 2011 bicycle ride from Monument to Santa Fe, NM start. He stopped in Ourey and went to the hot springs... So that's what we did. The sun was shining so crisp and warm while we swam around the huge hot springs.  Mainly it was a hot spot for people watching, one of our favorite things to do anywhere we might end up. The springs were nestled in a valley and the view was... serene. The natural elements continued all through town. We stopped off at Goldbelt Bar & Grill and had a gluten free, dairy free, meat free pizza... Mmmm swimming and pizza brings me back to elementary birthday parties. 




Telluride!! Blake's favorite town in Colorado. I felt like I had a personal, smoking hot tour guide who liked all the same things I did. He took me on these great adventures: to good, healthy places to eat, a ride through town on bikes, window shopping. He must have known the perfect evening to show me around because we caught the brightest and closest rainbow I've ever seen. He even made sure the black bears didn't nab me out of my tent that night :)) Its been fun hearing Blake's stories about his bike ride alone that summer. He hiked to Bridal Veil Falls about 3 miles from town and said they were incredible. So we got up from camping at a great campground right at the bottom of town and headed there on our bikes. After a while I dropped my bike off and hiked up the switchbacks hearing the thunder of this great waterfall. At the top was an incredibly huge house. We sat and imagined if we got to look at that view everyday waking up.... Maybe one day we will be in Telluride, CO. It was pretty epic. 












Blake and I are in Monument!!! It was a long 7.5 hr drive today but we grubbed on bananas and watermelon and then got some sushi in Buena Vista. We both have a busy month ahead of us & looking forward to celebrating three birthdays, two weddings, and maybe a hike up good 'ol Pikes Peak. 

We've been discussing our future, laughing, sometimes yelling, and reminicing about the past on this trip. It's been good for us to take a break from the day to day paradise we have in Dana Point. Getting back to our roots with the mountains and crisp air has been humbling. Blake and I are so appreciative of our past, thankful for our present, and passionately excited for our future!!! Here's to the next adventure!!! 




Dream Big, Ride Far!!!

1 comment:

  1. Melanie, I was able to find your blog through your pinterest and got to read up on your amazing adventures from this summer. Now I am kicking myself for not getting your pinterest "message" when you guys came through town... especially now that I know how special Durango is to you two. I sent you a message on facebook with my contact details, and I really mean it-- let me know next time you're around! Can't wait to read your next chapter, and see what life has in store for you. Tell Blake hello for me, and keep on truckin' the good life! Love& Light,
    Alix

    ReplyDelete